Name:
Location: Monticello, Minnesota, United States

Wildwood Float Trips and Outfiiters LLC offers guided fishing and grouse hunting trips throughout the Upper Midwest. We specialize in Western Style Float Trips for Smallmouth Bass.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's finally here!




Well, the bass season has finally arrived! There is so much going on this time of year one has a hard time trying to focus on one thing. The trout fishing is in fun swing on the spring creeks bugs are everywhere and the fish are looking to eat. The driftboat is looking at me and wondering when we are going to go. Well we did a lot of both this week. Last week I had a trip down to the Driftless region of Wisconsin. The fishing was pretty good and in between the thunder boomers we managed to catch several nice brown trout including an 18". Then it was off to a graduation party for the weekend. Memorial Day then found me on the St. Croix River scouting for the upcoming Smallmouth Trip from Hell . I was joined by two of the best smallmouth guides in the business Bart Landwehr and Matt Olson from Tight Lines Fly Shop in DePere Wisconsin. To say we had a good time would be an understatement. There is nothing better than a guides day off with two of the best smallie hunters I know. We all caught several nice fish despite the 30 MPH winds. I think I took big fish honors. Those two might beg to to differ. The next day found Bart and I along with guide in training Brett Nelson floating the Upper Mississippi. Once again the wind decided to blow. It stated out slow but things picked fast. Several nice fish were caught with most coming on top water flies. This week I hope to get out for an evening with a future guide and one of my best fishing partners my daughter Grace to chase brown trout that are sipping sulfurs. Stayed tuned because were just getting started.

Keep casting and God Bless!

Kip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home