Name:
Location: Monticello, Minnesota, United States

Wildwood Float Trips and Outfiiters LLC offers guided fishing and grouse hunting trips throughout the Upper Midwest. We specialize in Western Style Float Trips for Smallmouth Bass.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Is it the trip or is it planning and Packing?




A big Bighorn River Rainbow from a few years back. Hopefully to be repeated this year.



In three days my daughter Grace, friend Jim(I use that word loosely) and I are head the the Bighorn River in Montana for a long weekend trout excursion. This will be Grace's first big fishing trip and I'm praying that it goes well. All I'm asking for is that she catch just one nice trout (16"+) on her own. Hopefully this isn't to tall of an order.

This brings me back to my title of this post. Is it the planning or is it the trip? I'm one of those guys that takes almost more pleasure in the planning stage. Don't get me wrong, I love the trip part too, but I think it is the planning and anticipation that I get a bigger kick out. Maybe it has something to do with Grace going along, but this trip really has me giddy. I have been tying flys, ordering things I don't really need, checking the boat at least once a day, and driving my wife a little nuts.

My friend Jim will show up at the house the night we leave with his stuff and we'll leave. That's it, he'll just be glad to be out of the office for a few days. I on the other hand am to busy getting everything just so before the trip. I think he knows there's not to much to worry about because I have that handled for everyone involved. I have been lying awake at night thinking about what flys to use, what holes to fish, and what to do if someone beats us to them. I shouldn't do this because usually a trip never matches ones anticipation.

Please post comments on what your thoughts are on the question.

I would love to get others ideas.

I'll let you all know how it goes on a post when we get back.

There is still plenty of room for our spring creek trip on April 17th thru the 20th. Give me a call if you are interested.


I also one spot to fill on the smallmouth trip from hell.


Give us a call on booking days and we'll be happy to speak with you about the up coming seasons dates.


Kip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home